Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I love my parents.

I totally dig free stuff!!!

Not those buy 1 box of soap powder, free 1 tube of toothpaste type of freebies though. Hmmm, but i suppose if Brand A gives me toothpaste n Brand B didn't, i wld buy Brand A. BUT! This is me being a wise consumer and not an aunty okay. =P

Anyway, the free stuff I am talking about are the deals I got to enjoy last Saturday (I know this is way overdue) all because it was UOB's 20th anniversary!!!!! Alas, the benefits of credit. ^^



2 movie passes to any show at Cathay!!! Watched Babylon A.D because there wasn't anything good on. Is it just me or are movie standards falling?

Oh well, back to Babylon, I didn't really grasp the whole God and church part of the story.. I mean, if the girl was an experimented "Artificial God" how come she could predict bombs and death? And how did she escape dying? And how did she get pregnant without intercourse? And how did Vin Diesel survive her gunshot? Alot of question marks.

If anyone caught the show and understood it, please enlighten me.



I also indulged in a free Ben and Jerry's cone. MMMMmmmmmm....



There was nothing free about Daiso but its always fun to browse there. =)



And my dinner of big, fat, juicy shrimp dumplings, reminded me of Xueqin.

Hey babe, its the same shop at Plaza Sing's basement. It was the last meal we shared before you left was it? We shall go there again when you return yeah?? Missing ya.



Caught this musical with mummy just the other day.. In return for my movie treat, she bought hotdogs from Superdog which we smuggled into the theaters. We held hands as we munched on fries and was caught up in all the singing and dancing.

I Love You Ma!

And I love my very cute daddy too!!! Btw, he is back in Singapore again because its the Hari Raya week and Dubai is on holiday. Shiok right?! For the past month of Ramadan, he could end work at 2pm everyday to pray - not that he prayed, but the Muslims had to. :P

Why is he cute you ask?

At the airport, he called me...

Papa: "Ah girl, I now at duty free. You need any cosmetics?"
Me (totally unprepared): "Erm, black eyeliner? Ettusais de.."
Papa: "Ok can."

[20 secs later...]

Papa: "Here don't have your lousy brand. Want buy more famous one anot?"
Me: "Like what?"
Papa: "Macdonald."
Me: "Huh?!"

[After alot of guesswork, I concluded me meant M.A.C]

Me: "Can also.. I want black one."
Papa: "Ok can."

[Another 20 secs later...]

Papa: "You purposely want make me look stupid is it?! So many black eyeliner how I know which one you want? Hv crayon, pencil, liquid. Waterproof, smudge-proof, washable. And don't get me started on all the different shades of black!!!!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a seperate incident, Brian set up a blogger account for the father.

Brian: "Daddy, you must update so we know what is happening ok?"
Papa: "Wow, so nice blog! I will post alot!!!"

[A few nights later, on msn...]

Papa: "Ah girl, your blog very nice. But mine is nicer! go see!!!http://www.chuakc.blogspot.com/"
Me: *stunned into silence*
Papa (rather proud of himself): "Its a musical blog!!!"

*faints*

But you can't deny that he IS cute. And he is my DAD!! ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home